A proposal for another residential development in the southeast corner has passed city hall. This will replace farmland with 4,100 homes in the next 25 years.
It will be south of Island Lakes and Royalwood.
Catchment schools for Bonavista Estates are:
- Shamrock School (204.257.0637)
- J. H. Bruns Collegiate (204.257.2928)
French Immersion Programs:
- École Van Belleghem (204.255.1134)
- Collège Béliveau (204.255.3205)
Waterside Estates is a new development in the northeast part of the Louis Riel School Division. At its Regular Meeting on November 15, 2011, the Louis Riel School Board adopted a Motion to designate schools to the Waterside Estates development.
- English Elementary Program - Archwood School
- French Immersion Elementary Program - École Provencher
- Windsor Park Collegiate
- French Immersion High School Program - Collège Béliveau
This subdivision is proposed for the city's southeast corner. The development, known as Dawson Trail, will be 47 hectares bounded by Fermor Boulevard, Plessis Road and Dawson Road.
It will join the developments of Southland Park and Sage Creek.
Dawson Trail will include commercial development, mixed commercial-residential development, multi-family development, and park space.