Morrow Avenue Day Care
Glenwood School houses the Morrow Avenue Day Care — a private day care that operates before-and-after-school programming and a half-day program for the school’s kindergarten students.
- Each child is a unique individual with rights for love, respect and quality care in a safe, warm and nurturing environment.
- We believe in the whole child—physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth.
- Children are encouraged to develop self-confidence and a positive self-image through various activities.
- Children have the opportunity to learn to make choices and decisions, solve problems and become independent capable thinkers.
- Children are encouraged to share with others and respect themselves.
- Early Childhood Educators are trained and knowledgeable in child development, in addition to being warm, loving individuals.
- Parents play the most important role in their child’s life; they are welcomed and encouraged to become involved in their child’s daily activities.
To provide children with an optimal environment that promotes their physical, social and emotional development.
- We provide various experiences in a balanced environment.
- We provide a warm, safe, healthy and nurturing environment.
- We provide individual attention.
- We offer a stable routine with consistent discipline based on children’s needs.
- We have well equipped programs with the flexibility to meet diverse needs.
- We support modeling and coaching for appropriate problem solving.
- We believe in developmentally appropriate limits and expectations.
- We offer regular observations and assessments of children’s development.
- We provide stimulating programming based on emergent curriculum that responds to children’s needs and interests.
- We offer the lowest child to staff ratio possible.
- We apply quality assurance tools and rating scales with a focus on continually improving quality of care.
- We model, teach and promote life skills and healthy lifestyles.
- We hire trained, professional, caring ECEs.
- We promote diversity.