To opens doors to Literature Appreciation and Reading and to Information Literacy.
Our Library is:
- an extension of our classrooms, supporting the classroom learning
- an exploration centre where students work with resources, technology and each other
- a network to other libraries and community resources
- an active partner in the learning process
- a people place, full of activity and hands-on learning like:
- I Love to Read activities;
- Book Fairs;
- Weekly Book Exchange
Our school library program aims to create information literate students, who are:
- independent learners
- able to manage technology tools to access information and communicate
- flexible and can adapt to change
- able to function independently and in groups
- informed decision makers and life long learners.
A Teacher Librarian whose role includes the provision of professional leadership in library management administration, and cooperative and collaborative program planning and teaching.
A Library Assistant who assists in the daily organization of the Library, and overseeing systems to manage the collection of resources. An invaluable partner in the administering of the Library, her/his daily tasks consist of such responsibilities as circulation and shelving, processing and repairing, and other.
Victor Mager students and their families may borrow materials for a loan period of one week.
Overdue, Damaged, or Lost Materials. Letters will be sent home periodically to ask families to help their child/children locate lost items. Replacement cost will be charged for anything that’s lost. If the items are found and returned in acceptable condition, a refund will be made.