As parents have previously heard, next year, our current Grade 4&5 English students will be attending school at Shamrock School, while our current Grade 6 English students will attend Windsor Park Collegiate and the Grade 6 Immersion students will be attending Collège Béliveau. On June 28th and 29th our Grade 4/5/6 English teachers as well as our Grade 6 Immersion teachers had a chance to bid farewell to their students moving on to different schools. I would like to thank the teachers who organized various ways to commemorate our student's experience at ÉSCS. Due to strict "farewell and convocation" Covid guidelines, each teacher was able to spend a few moments socially distanced outside with each of their individual students. The Grade 4 teachers drove out to each student's homes, while the Grade 5&6 teachers met their students here at the school at a pre-scheduled time.
In addition to a brief farewell chat, each student also received various momentos to mark their time at ÉSCS. We would like to thank our very generous PAC who supported the purchase of decorations as wells as the following items for each of the students moving on to Shamrock, Windsor Park Collegiate and Collège Béliveau:
- Gift Card to McNally Robinson
- Beautiful rose
- Cool treat
To our students, know that we are proud of you for being great students and amazing people. We've consistently witnessed you showing kindness, respect and generosity with all members of our school community. We thank you for your engagement in your academics as you've continued to grow and learn while developing your varied strengths and talents. We will miss you and we wish you all the best as you embark on the next part of your learning journey!
We'd also like to thank the parents of students moving to a different school for all of the support that you've given your child while they've been at ÉSCS. Your support of your child, their education, and the school, has been so amazing. We know the importance of parental support and are so thankful for all that you have done.
Lastly, we'd like to thank our staff. Thank you to our current Grade 4, 5 & 6 teachers, the specialist teachers, Educational Assistants, Library staff, Clerical, Custodial, previous teachers, etc... Your dedication to our students' success and your creativity to engage them in their learning and growth has been very appreciated! We also would like to wish our current teachers who are moving on to Shamrock the best.
- Mrs. Englot: Your genuine care, big heart and dedication to your students, families and colleagues is admirable and will be greatly missed. Our loss is certainly Shamrock's gain!
- Mrs. Herdman: We wish you continued success as you continue on your teaching path and thank you for the caring approach that you've used with your students. We know that your students at Shamrock are so fortunate to have you.
- Mr. Cohen: We thank you for all that you've done for our students and wish you all the best in your new adventure!
- Ms. Dobrohorsky: Although we only had a short time to get to know you, we value your approach in engaging students and know that the students at Shamrock will be in good hands.
- Mrs. Pisclevich: We only had a short time to get to know you, but we certainly appreciate the manner in which you build community with your students and the collaboration you have demonstrated with your colleagues.
We wish everyone success at their new school! Have a great summer!