As you may know, École Sage Creek School offered two virtual Kindergarten Information Evenings at the middle of February. If you missed the information evenings but live in Sage Creek (or will live in Sage Creek in September 2022) and have a child born in 2017 (turning five, on or before December 31, 2022), you are eligible to register your child at École Sage Creek School. If that is the case for you, we ask that you click here to fill out a very short survey. Although our school is currently overpopulated, please note that all children born in 2017 who live in Sage Creek will be accepted at our school. During the Kindergarten evenings, we share a lot of information about Kindergarten as well as about our school.
Important information to review before registering your child
If you missed the meetings, we strongly encourage you to start by reviewing the two following files by clicking on the following links:
The LRSD is also providing you with important information that you should review before submitting your registration documents. This important information can be found on the LRSD's "Registration Page" (click here to access the page). These 8 different documents include:
- Beliefs About Early Learners
- Council of Ministers of Education, Canada Statement on Play-Based Learning
- Early Years Learning in LRSD
- Manitoba Association of Optometrists Eye See Eye Learn Program Letter
- Eye See Eye Learn Eye Exam Form
- LRSD French Immersion Program
- Kindergarten & Designated Schools Letter from the Superintendent
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Vaccine Letter
Registration process and documents that you must submit when registering your child
Registration starts on March 1st, with March being the official "registration month". That being said, we encourage all parents to submit their registration as soon as possible to help us with our planning. Another reason to submit your registration papers as soon as possible is because, as shared at the Kindergarten Information Evenings, placement in your preference of morning or afternoon Kindergarten will be based on the order the packages are submitted. When you register, you must ensure that you are submitting the FIVE following items (more information shared below):
- Student Registration Form 2022-2023
- K-8 Acceptable Use Agreement – Internet and Systems with Pledge
- Scan or photo of proof of residency:
- Scan or photo of proof of student's age
- Scan or photo of Manitoba Health Card
Two ways to register your child
There are 2 ways to register your child. Please note that you must submit all five documents (listed above), regardless of the method you use to register your child.
1. In person at the school:
Parents are not currently allowed to enter the school however we invite you to come to the main front doors with all five documents (as listed above) and we will accept your registration package. When you arrive at the main front doors, call the secretaries (the phone number is on the front door) and a secretary will come outside to meet you and accept the five documents. To assist, we are providing you with the three following documents:
- Please also remember to bring your:
- Copy or photo of Proof of residency (see section above for more information)
- Copy or photo of Proof of student's age (see section above for more information)
- Copy or photo of the Manitoba Health Card
2. On line
Click on this link to access the LRSD "School Registration" webpage. Scroll down to the "Kindergarten Registration Process" section, where you will select one of the 3 choices "Canadian", "Newcomer", or "International" (if you are not sure which option is appropriate, please call the school at (204) 253-8199 and we can help you). After clicking on the appropriate choice, this will open a new page. On the new page, you will be able to download and fill out the electronic versions of the two following documents.
- Student Registration 2022-2023 (located in the "Registration Form – All New Students" section). Please ensure that you select the correct registration form as there are two available. Please note that to help ensure that you understand the "Public Relations Release" section (at the bottom of Page 4), we strongly encourage you to read the following file: "Letter explaining options for Public Relations Media Release 22-23.pdf".
- K-8 Acceptable Use Agreement – Internet and Systems with Pledge (located lower in the "Other Required Forms" section). Parents can fill it out for Kindergarten students; they do not have to sign.
Please fill out the two forms found on the website and save them to your computer as you will attach them to your submission later. In addition to the 2 forms, you must also submit a photo or scan of the three following items:
- Proof of residency (or proof of address) that includes your name and current address (choose one): utility bill, apartment lease, home purchase offer, bank statement.
- Proof of student's age (birth certificate or a baptismal certificate that indicates their date of birth or Passport)
- the Manitoba Health card
Lower on the same page, in the "Submit Completed Forms and Supporting Documents" section, you fill out the requested information in the various boxes and ensure that you attach all five files. You can then click on the "submit registration button".
We look forward to working with you, and your child! If you have any questions, please email us (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at the school at (204) 253-8199.