École Sage Creek School's Grade 1 French Immersion team organized a food drive and invited the ÉSCS community to join them in a collection of non-perishable food items for Harvest Manitoba during the month of December. For 12 days, the Grade 1 students shared clues through a daily video that was shared in all of our classes and posted on Twitter about the mystery food item that we were collecting the following school day. The items and dates when they were collected are as follows:
- Thursday December 2nd: canned peaches
- Friday December 3rd: canned baked beans
- Monday December 6th: brown rice
- Tuesday December 7th: canned green beans
- Wednesday December 8th: canned tuna
- Thursday December 9th: whole grain pasta
- Friday December 10th: canned corn
- Monday December 13th: crackers
- Tuesday December 14th: baby food or formula
- Wednesday December 15th: tomato sauce
- Thursday December 16th: canned soup
- Friday December 17th: instant oatmeal
We are so impressed by the amount of food collected and we want to thank the students, parents and staff who demonstrated their generosity by donating this large amount of food. See below for a video and a few pictures that show some of the progress. Thanks so much and know that your generosity is very appreciated and will go to a very good cause. We'd like to thank our Grade 1 French Immersion students and staff for organizing this important collection! We'd also like to thank our Grade 4&5 French Immersion class who helped organize and box all of the food!
Happy Holidays to all!