The Student Services Team at Nelson McIntyre Collegiate is committed to working together with teachers, parents and students to provide the best learning environment to meet the needs of our community.
Philosophy of Inclusion
Manitoba Education, Citizenship and Youth is committed to fostering inclusion for all people. Inclusion is a way of thinking and acting that allows every individual to feel accepted, valued, and safe. An inclusvie community consciously evolves to meet the changing needs of its members.
The NMC Student Services teachers will assist students with:
- course selection and/or requirements
- post-secondary information
- personal and career counseling
The NMC Student Services teachers work in the Academic Centre. They are responsible for:
- Academic support (academic assessment)
- Monitoring Individual Educational Plans (IEPs)
- Directing the Educational Assistants who work with individual students
- Peer tutoring
- Leadership training