Lavallee School is a Kindergarten to Grade 8 school where students, staff, parents and community work together to:
- achieve the highest academic standards
- find success with each educational challenge
- develop and achieve mutual goals
- demonstrate awareness and understanding of cultural strengths
- promote pride and respect
- ensure teaching styles reflect diverse needs and abilities
- take ownership and responsibility for lifelong learning
- create a centre of opportunity for personal growth
We at Lavallee School believe that each child is an individual with unique interests and abilities. Our motto is "BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE." A common language of optimism and encouragement is considered important at Lavallee, and the staff is committed to this effort.
It is normal and natural for children to learn at different rates with varying depths of understanding. At Lavallee, we believe in a team approach to provide the best possible program for each student. The team includes teachers, administrators and other support personnel, parents/guardians and the student. Education is not something that can be “done to” a child by the school. It can only be successful if both the school and the home support each other in developing attitudes, beliefs, interests and study skills that will enable him or her to actively engage in learning.
At Lavallee, all persons—staff and students alike—are expected to be treated with dignity and respect and to treat others in the same manner. Everyone will follow the school Code of Conduct and work hard to be the kind of person he or she wants to be. When a mistake is made, we encourage the person to correct the mistake by adhering to the philosophy of restitution. Restitution is a way to make things right and for everyone to feel part of our school community.
Lavallee By The Numbers
Number of Students: 146*
* Data collected in August 2018
Principal: Darcy Cormack
Vice Principal: Shelly Hopper