The International Student Program (ISP) at Louis Riel School Division offers both a Summer Enrichment Program and a Summer School Program.
Summer Enrichment Program
The Summer Enrichment Program adds to students' educational experience in Canada and takes them beyond the classroom. The program allows students to explore Canadian culture in Winnipeg and in other parts of our province.
The enrichment program gives students in Grades 9-12 an excellent environment to practice their English language skills.
- Touring Winnipeg attractions
- Visiting Winnipeg's many parks and recreational areas
- Learning about the history in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Canada
- Visiting Winnipeg's famous architectural buildings
- Taking part in many different cultural activities
- Playing sports and leisure activities
- And more…
Participants in the Summer Enrichment Program can expect:
- Contact with ISP staff before their arrival and during their stay in Canada
- To be met at the airport by ISP staff
- A homestay option while they are in the program
- Lessons from certified Canadian teachers
- A full EAL (ESL) credit will be awarded to students upon completion of the program, if desired
- A certificate for completing the program (with or without credit)
- Cultural enrichment and language development
Summer School Program
Our regular Summer School Program is also available to international students in Grades 9-12. This program allows students to receive additional instruction, improve their grades and choose from a variety of courses.
No additional credit is given to students who take part in this program.
Find out more by reading our Summer Enrichment Program brochure and our Summer Enrichment Program Registration Form.
See our Summer Enrichment Program Presentation here.