Welcome to École Guyot Pre-Kindergarten Inc.
WE ARE MOVING - We are now located at 511 St. Anne's Road in the Rene Deleurme Centre.
École Guyot Pre-Kindergarten Registration Package 2020-2021.pdf
We have been in operation in various forms and locations since the late 1970’s. Throughout the years this parent run cooperative’s main goal has been to provide a quality pre-kindergarten program in anticipation of our children entering a French Immersion school.
We offer a 3 year old program and a 4 year old program which both run for approximately 2 hours twice a week. (The 4 year old program also has an optional 3rd day science themed class.)
The objectives of our program are:
1. To provide an introduction to the organized classroom setting, but stressing enjoyment, socialization and minimum formal academic situations in favour of incidental teaching where opportunities occur.
2. To promote healthy social interaction with the peer group through the use of games and group play.
3. To promote the healthy development of fine motor skills with the use of arts, crafts etc.
4. To promote the development of gross motor skills and a positive attitude towards physical fitness with a regular daily program of physical activity.
5. To encourage the appreciation and enjoyment of music by its incorporation into other aspects of the day’s activities.
6. To introduce some basic aspects of the French language as related to all other activities.
We try to give the child the opportunity to develop in various ways. Of course, being an Immersion class, they will be learning a second language. This is introduced slowly so as not to frustrate the child. We want them to love the language, not dislike it. They will learn many words, numbers, colours etc. in French, but they will never be quizzed or punished because they do not know or understand a word.
We welcome children of all abilities into our program. All children participate in all the regular offered activities and field trips. Classroom materials are available at levels designed for children to access and classrooms are set up to enable access for support equipment such as wheelchairs or walkers.
Our next program begins in September 2020. Registration packages can be found at the above link or can be requested by e-mail at EcoleGuyotPreK@gmail.com. We look forward to welcoming your child to the program!
More information is available from Corinne Antoniuk at 204-299-7098 or by email at EcoleGuyotPreK@gmail.com.