Student Support Services at Glenwood School
The Student Services Team at Glenwood School is committed to working together with teachers, parents and students to provide the best learning environment to meet the needs of our community.
Philosophy of Inclusion
Manitoba Education, Citizenship and Youth (MECY) is committed to fostering inclusion for all people. Inclusion is a way of thinking and acting that allows every individual to feel accepted, valued, and safe. An inclusive community consciously evolves to meet the changing needs of its members. Through recognition and support, an inclusive community provides meaningful involvement and equal access to the benefits of citizenship. In Manitoba we embrace inclusion as means of enhancing the well-being of every member of the community. By working together, we strengthen our capacity to provide the foundation for a richer future for all of us.
- the identification, evaluation, and programming of students who require extra supports for learning and/or enrichment opportunities
- the coordination of necessary supports (Divisional Student Services Department, educational assistants, clinicians, teachers and parents) to meet the needs of students
- the welcoming new students and their families
- assistance for students and their families with personal and school-related social, emotional and behavioural concerns
- assistance for families to access outside resources and reference materials
- the transitioning to high school
- Early Years literacy support which provides the extra support that some students require in learning to read and write during the critical acquisition stage. This includes identification and assessment of students, small group or individual instruction and collaboration with teachers, educational assistants, and parents.