Dakota Collegiate' s Convocation 2021 Commemorative Video is now available for viewing.
Dakota Collegiate Convocation 2021
Dakota Collegiate invites you and your family to celebrate the Class of 2021!
Access to Live Stream Link
For those family members and friends who are unable to attend their graduate's diploma pick up a Live Stream Link will be available for at home viewing.
Live Viewing Link---Convocation Ceremony Day 1 (June 25th)
Live Viewing Link---Convocation Ceremony Day 2 (June 28th)
Live Viewing Link---Convocation Ceremony Day 3 (June 29th)
- The live stream link will be running live throughout the day (start 8:30 am—8:15 pm or last pod through in the evening)
- Friends and family can click in at any time to see Dakota Collegiate graduates receive their diploma.
- It is up to the graduate to let family and friends know the time frame their convocation pod is receiving their diploma so friends and family can watch for their graduate and view from home.
After consultation with Manitoba Education, Public Health Officials and the LRSD Senior Leadership Team, individual graduate outdoor drive- through Convocation Ceremonies will be taking place at Dakota Collegiate on June 25th, 28th, and 29th.
It is important that everyone follows the outlined schedule and procedures to ensure that all Graduates have the same opportunity while safeguarding the well-being of all those that attend.
- Each ceremony will consist of 1 vehicle per graduate.
- Vehicles are to include graduate and household members.
- Accommodations will be made if your household has additional needs.
- Family/Household Unit must either remain in or stand directly outside their vehicle at a designated area during their graduate's scheduled diploma pick-up time.
- Graduate and Family/Household Unit must remain in the vehicle, until graduate is presented with their diploma.
- Each drive through ceremony will consist of 10 Graduates and their Family/Household units.
- Graduate's Family/Household unit can attend the outdoor diploma pick-up drive-through ceremony by driving up to designated area and watching from a safe distance.
- Registration will open on June 16th at 8:00 and will on close June 22nd.
- Registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Please plan for approximately for 1 hour from arrival to exit.
- All graduates must arrive wearing their cap and gown.
- Graduates are expected to arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to their scheduled time slot.
- Graduate/Household unit vehicle will enter the parking lot entrance off Beliveau Road where they will be required to pull up and check in with a DCI staff member.
- To speak to the DCI staff members, please remain in the vehicle, roll down the driver's window and ensure you wear your mask.
- Each vehicle will then be directed to park in a designated area according to the order of their convocation grouping.
- Graduates will have an opportunity to listen to speeches as they wait for their diploma pick-up.
- After the speeches, each convocation group will then be directed to drive up to the designated diploma pick-up area where each grad will receive their diploma and any scholarship awards earned.
- Each graduate will be individually honored by receiving a diploma and any scholarship awards earned during their scheduled timeslot.
- Graduate's Family/Household unit must either remain in or stand directly outside their vehicle at a designated area during their graduate's scheduled diploma pick-up time.
- For those family members unable to attend, a live stream link will be available for home viewing as their graduate picks up their diploma from the designated area.
- After the graduate picks up their diploma, they will return to their vehicle and exit the parking lot on Dakota Street.
Additional Information-Public Health Measures
All Convocation diploma pick-up ceremonies must adhere to the Public Health measures including:
- Ensuring two metres of physical distancing at all times.
- Ensuring students wear a mask at all times.
Links to sign-up will be available June 16th at 8am
Convocation Ceremony Day 1 (June 25th)
Convocation Ceremony Day 2 (June 28th)
Convocation Ceremony Day 3 (June 29th)
At a later date, a commemorative video will be released on Dakota Collegiate YouTube.
An announcement will be sent out for when friends and family can access the video.
Looking forward to honoring your graduate on their special day! #Lancer4Life #LancerNation