École Van Belleghem is a Kindergarten to Grade 8 French Immersion school with 22 teachers and 356 students.
Its goal is to develop respectful, competent and bilingual individuals who are conscious of Canadian multiculturalism. École Van Belleghem strives to sustain partnerships between families, the school, and the wider community
Thank you for visiting our website. Learn more about our school, our philosophies, our programs and events, and our Parent Advisory Council. Some important information on health and safety can be found on the right.
Our Philosophy and Beliefs about Teaching
- We believe all children deserve an equal opportunity to learn, without feeling hurt, humiliated or embarrassed.
- We believe all children deserve respect. A child's self-esteem should be nurtured tenderly.
- We believe modeling is the most powerful way to affect a child's learning.
- We believe that each child learns differently and should be able to express him/herself freely, without fear of putdowns. The classroom should be a safe environment to provide different ways of expression and enrichment.
- We believe children should enjoy the learning process and we would like to help them develop their own motivation for learning. We encourage the children to succeed in their attempts to learn.
- We believe that a good learning experience is built on a cooperative effort between parent, child and teacher.
Our staff aims to realize these educational goals by helping our students to become successful in their endeavours and competent bilingual individuals.
École Van Belleghem By The Numbers
Number of Students: 357*
* Data collected in August 2018
Principal: Michèle Olson
Vice-Principal: Julie Labossière