If your health issue is life threatening or urgent, please go to the Emergency Department at Health Sciences Centre (Children's Hospital) or St. Boniface Hospital, or call 911.
If unsure of what to do, please call Health Links 204-788-8200.
FLU VACCINE INFORMATION
As per the Government of Manitoba Seasonal Flu website, "International students and out-of-province visitors continue to be eligible to receive the flu vaccine free-of-charge regardless of third party insurance and/or MHSAL coverage." This information can be found at the link below.
It is important to note that flu shots (preventative vaccine) are not covered under guard.me.
For more information on coverage regarding COVID-19 please check our FAQ page HERE.
GUARD ME EMERGENCY MEDICAL COVERAGE
It is mandatory for all international students to have valid health insurance while studying in the Louis Riel School Division.
International students studying at Louis Riel School Division are covered under the guard.me@School Plan Policy for new and emergent accidents and illnesses.
- Hospital and medical insurance
- Prescription drugs
- Paramedical benefits
- Emergency and accidental dental treatment as per policy description
- Accidental death & dismemberment
- Out-of-Province/Country Emergency Medical Insurance
- And much more
*For full details of what is covered in the policy, or the nearest direct billing clinic, visit: www.guard.me/louisriel.
HEALTH INSURANCE INFORMATION
- Guard.me Health Insurance Program Information (https://www.guard.me/louisriel)
- ISP staff must be told immediately of any accident, hospitalization or emergency surgery. ISP staff will communicate with the student's biological family as soon as possible.
- Refer to "What is an Emergency & When to Contact ISP"
- Guard.me@School Benefit Summary (School Plan Policy)
- LRSD 2019 Orientation Guard Me
- keep.meSAFE Info
Resources - Mental Health Awareness
Youville Teen Clinic
Mental Health Resource Guide-Winnipeg
Canadian Mental Health Association – Manitoba and Winnipeg
Services & Resources for Newcomers and Refugees