Information and Communication
Keeping our community informed is critical, and making materials available in an accessible format is one way we support all members of our community.
The Louis Riel School Division will:
- Provide resources or materials – including education and training documents, student records, school program information, and public emergency evacuation information – in an accessible format upon request.
- Provide accessible formats and communication supports upon request in a timely manner and at no additional cost, if any, than the amount charged to others.
- Consult with the person making the request to determine the format or support required.
- Provide accessible or conversion-ready formats of print, digital, or multi-media resources in school libraries, upon request.
- Procure accessible or conversion-ready electronic formats, where available.
- Ensure any websites and web content meet the WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.