With students at home, Take Pride Winnipeg has started a contest for elementary students to make an animal from recycled materials that go into your Blue Box.
Use your imagination to create items such as:
- An animal, like a lion, or a fish
- An extinct animal, like a dinosaur, or pterodactyl
- Or even an imaginary animal, like a unicorn, or a dragon!
When you have finished making your animal, take a picture or video and send it to email@example.com
along with your name, school, and grade. Please have your parents sign the email so that we have their consent.
The contest runs from March 30 to April 30. Winners will be selected in May. There are six categories:
· K – grade 3 Winnipeg schools
· K – grade 3 Rural Manitoba schools
· Grades 4 -6 Winnipeg schools
· Grades 4 – 6 Rural Manitoba schools
· Grades 7 – 8 Winnipeg schools
· Grades 7 – 8 Rural Manitoba schools
There will be some great prizes awarded to the winning entries, including such things as free tickets to the Assiniboine Park Zoo, free tickets to a Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball game, lunch at a fun restaurant and even a one night's stay at Canad Inns Polo Park. These prizes will be given when things return to normal.
Please use as much as you can from your blue bin, and make sure that your art work is cleaned first. The team from Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba (MMSM), who manage the residential recycling program for Manitoba and the team at the Canadian Beverage Container Recycling Association (CBCRA) and their Recycle Everywhere program are very excited to see your finished art pieces!