Over the past year, the LRSD School Board continued to work toward our collective goals of educating our students, building our community and developing engaged citizens.
Our focus on aspiring to develop caring, literate and capable people has been coupled with a focus on student success and engagement to ensure that our students value learning and strive to reach their potential.
Once again, our work was guided by the Division’s top three priorities:
- Developing strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Academically, emotionally, physically and intellectually engaging students in learning
- Developing active citizens who contribute to their communities
We have continued to advocate for progressive and strong public education with support from the public and the provincial government. We have worked towards:
- More classrooms in our French Immersion schools
- Opening École Sage Creek School
- Creating the new Murray Field and the Dale Bradshaw basketball court located at Dakota Collegiate
We have also continued to invest in LRSD infrastructure by upgrading boilers, painting walls, upgrading bathrooms and developing plans to upgrade the infrastructure at École Varennes and École Marie-Anne-Gaboury.
Manitoba is currently the only province in Canada in which publicly elected boards can raise funds through taxation. We see this as an incredible responsibility and we do not take it lightly. The process allows us to consider the needs of the LRSD community and to respond to them quickly.
We are proud of the work we are doing and are pleased to share some highlights of our successes in this report. We look forward to continuing to work hard and accomplishing much more in the upcoming year.
Chris Sigurdson, Chair
Louis Riel School Board