Do you ever wonder, where does that water come from, and where does it go? The Plumbing Trade program at ATC will help you answer those questions and so much more. Plumbers may be involved in the installation of water conditioners, plumbing in residential houses and homes under construction, as well as industrial construction, and pipe fitting. Students in the plumbing program will learn theory and practical skills associated with Level One Apprenticeship Plumbing, from plumbing specific tool operations and applications, to plumbing code requirements pertaining to all facets of residential installations.
Prerequisites and Beneficial Skills
- High school students have completed Grade 10.
- Post-secondary students have completed Grade 12.
- Applicants not meeting the entrance requirements may be accepted as mature students. Skills assessment may be required.
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow schedules and meet deadlines.
- Strong math background
ATC will award certificates to students who successfully complete all requirements of this eight-credit program.
The Plumbing program at ATC is accredited by Apprenticeship Manitoba under the trade of Plumber. To receive credit for Level 1 in-school Technical Training and a time credit of 900 hours, students must:
- successfully complete the Plumbing program at ATC
- maintain a minimum 70% average in both theory and practical
- gain employment and register as apprentices within two
years of graduating from the program.
The Louis Riel Arts and Technology Centre will accept International Students. All inquiries are handled by the Louis Riel School Division International Student Program (ISP). Please refer to the links below for more information on the possibility of registering and tuition costs.
International Student Tuition and Program Fees
Overview and fees
$20 (nil for high school students)
NO COST (high school students)
$5,500 full program
$25 per semester
|Additional Costs||$60.00 for first aid course. Steel toed boots required|
|Credits||Part 1 - 4 credits, Part 2 - 4 credits|
|Work Experience||Yes - 4 weeks|
|Program Intake||February start|