Academic or Mature Students
Academic Credit Options for High School Students
The Academic program offers Grade 11 and 12 high school credits for secondary students enrolled in a Technology Education program at LRATC. The Academic program features self-directed, blended online delivery that allows students to complete course modules at their own pace. Academic credits are scheduled into class periods where a certified teacher is available to offer one-on-one assistance. Academic classes need to be arranged with home school or LRATC Student Services staff.
Mature Student High School Diploma Program
Grade 11 and 12 academic courses are offered to students who wish to obtain a Mature Student High School Diploma. This may only be done in combination with an LRATC program certificate. ATC does not offer an option for Mature Students to take academic credits only. The program features self-directed, blended online delivery that allows students to complete course modules at their own pace. Students may attend full or part-time, and may access course content at school and home. Academic credits are scheduled into class periods where a certified teacher is available to offer one-on-one assistance.
- Essential Mathematics 30S/40S
- Biology 30S/40S (first semester only)
- Applied Mathematics 30S/40S
- English Transactional Focus 40S
- English Comprehensive Focus 30S/40S
- History 30F
- English and French Physical Education 30F/40F
(online, available to LRSD high school students only)
- Flexible daytime classes • Self-directed, blended online delivery
- One-on-one assistance • Mature learning environment
- Access to course content from school and home
Provincial High School Diplomas will be issued once all graduation requirements have been met.
- Regular High School Diploma issued to students who complete 30 credits and meet all provincial requirements.
- Technology Education High School Diploma issued to students who complete 30 credits with a minimum of 8 elective credits in a Technology Education program.
- Mature Student High School Diploma issued to adult students who complete 8 credits with 4 being at the Grade 12 level. (Please refer to Mature Student Applicants section on page 4 of the ATC Book of Programs for complete criteria information)
Two Diplomas may be issued to students who complete all requirements for the Regular and Technology Education High School Diplomas.