New Media Design
The New Media Design program exposes students to the New Media industry. Students are provided with a solid foundation for careers as Junior Web/Media Designers and Developers. This program builds a strong base for students wishing to pursue further post-secondary education in related fields including computer science, business information technology, digital media design and computer graphics at university or college.
Prerequisites and Beneficial Skills
- High school students have completed Grade 10.
- Post-secondary students have completed Grade 12. Applicants not meeting the entrance requirements may be accepted as mature students. Skills assessment may be required.
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating system.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Creative and artistic aptitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
The Web Project course provides students with the opportunity to work with real clients over a period of four months. Students will design and develop a website based on the client’s requirements. Students will not be required to work off-site. Occasionally, students may be required to meet clients at their place of business.
ATC will award certificates to students who successfully complete all eight courses while maintaining an overall average of 60%.
The Louis Riel Arts and Technology Centre will accept International Students. All inquiries are handled by the Louis Riel School Division International Student Program (ISP). Please refer to the links below for more information on the possibility of registering and tuition costs.
Overview and fees
|Application Fee:||$20 (n/a for high school students)|
|Tuition:||NO COST (high school students)|
$2,750 per semester, $5,500 full program
|Student Fee:||$25 per semester|
|Textbook Fee:||$100 (refundable)|
|Additional Costs:||Students may need to purchase a headset and microphone|
- Developing and managing a website project for a business client (work practicum at ATC)
- Effective business marketing through social media and SEO
- Communication & employability skills
- Online portfolio development
- Preparation for related fields at college and university