The Louis Riel School Division
The historical figure from which our Division draws its name, Louis Riel, grounds our Division in Manitoba's tradition, culture, and history; however, and i n keeping with this visionary figure, we strive for progress and innovation. The name fo r our Division emerged from several suggestions provided by the residents of both communities.
Our logo symbolizes growth, nurturing and collaboration; the merging of two legacy divisions; a flame, path or passion for learning; and forging a bright future.
Changing Worlds | Changer le monde
These beliefs and commitments guide our processes and are important to all members of our community.
- We celebrate a culture of collaboration between our two official languages
- We encourage inclusive education to meet the needs of all learners.
- We promote educational experiences to support Aboriginal students' success.
- We welcome newcomer families to the Division and its community.
- We plan responsibly for the prospective growth of the Division.
- We maintain our sustained commitment to effective Professional Development for divisional staff.
Our beliefs also guide our three priorities as a Division.
Our Vision / Notre Vision
The Louis Riel School Division aspires to develop caring, literate and capable people who value learning and strive to reach their potential as they pursue the common good.
La Division scolaire Louis-Riel aspire à former des personnes compétentes, instruites et compatissantes qui valorisent l'apprentissage et qui s'efforcent de réaliser leur plein potentiel tout en poursuivant le bien commun.
Our Mission / Notre Mission
The Mission of the Louis Riel School Division is to foster safe, inviting and inclusive learning environments and to develop responsible global citizens through respectful partnerships between home, school and community.
La mission de la Division scolaire Louis-Riel est de favoriser la création de milieux d'apprentissage sécuritaires, attrayants et inclusifs, et de former des citoyens du monde responsables par l'établissement de partenariats respectueux entre le foyer, l'école et la communauté.