To begin, please confirm your designated school using our School Locator
If you are a Newcomer who lives within LRSD boundaries, student registration can be submitted in one of three ways:
1. Submit Online
- Complete the registration form(s) on your computer then upload along with all required documents below. This option should be completed on a desktop computer, rather than a mobile device. Please do NOT email completed forms
2. Submit a completed registration form in person
- Download and print your completed registration form(s) and all copies of required documents and place in an envelope addressed to the school. You may drop off the envelope at the Louis Riel School Division Board Office located at 900 St. Mary’s Rd between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. weekdays
3. Pick up a printed registration form
- Pick up a printed registration package at the Louis Riel School Division Board Office located at 900 St. Mary’s Rd between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. weekdays. You will need to complete the forms at home, make copies of any required documents and place all documents in an envelope addressed to the school and return to the Board Office.
You are only required to complete the registration forms that apply for each child. Download forms to your computer then complete the saved forms.
Registration Form - All New Students (one form per student):
Supporting Documents Required that have been scanned or are a photo of the document:
- One piece of Proof of Residency that includes your name and current address: bank statement, utility bill, lease, OR offer to purchase
- Birth Certificate of the child registering for school
- Manitoba Health Card (or similar medical insurance document)
- Identification page from the Passport of child
- Identification page from the Passport of parent
- Proof of Permanent Residence of child OR any document showing the child’s entry into Canada (study permit, work permit, visitor record)
- Proof of Permanent Residence of parent OR any document showing the parent’s entry into Canada (study permit, work permit, visitor record)
- For Custody Issues – a court order document
Newcomers who have been in Canada 4 years or less:
- An intake meeting will be arranged to meet the child(ren) and parents or guardians before starting school.
- An intake meeting cannot occur until all required registration documents have been received.
If you are registering your child for kindergarten, your child must be five years old on or before December 31, 2020.
Other Required Forms – download all applicable forms for your child.
Kindergarten Student only:
Student in grades K-8:
Student in grades 9-12:
Student who attended another Manitoba school division in the last year:
Student who require Transportation: