Saturday March 15, 2014
March Progress ConferencesProgress Conferences
Tuesday evening, March 25 (4:00-8:00 PM)
Wednesday afternoon, March 26 (1:00-5:00 PM)
At Windsor School, Progress Conferences are a key part of our communication strategy regarding your child’s academic growth. Please plan on booking a progress conference with all applicable teacher(s). Please attend the meeting with your child.
Once again, we are using a new web-based scheduling application we call the Windsor School Conference Manager. This application allows you, as a parent, to use the Internet to check our teachers’ conference schedules and book appointments quickly and easily.
The first time you use the Windsor School Conference Manager you will be required to register and create a parent account, which only takes a minute or two. You can continue to use this same account for the duration of the time you have children in the school, so please record your password where you can reference it later. Please note that although parents can register at any time, the booking of conferences can only begin at or after 12:00 noon on March 14.
You may want to register right away if you did not do so in November as a scheduling reminder email is sent to registered parents just as the scheduling commences. If your email program flags automated emails as junk mail, you may want to put “firstname.lastname@example.org” in your email address book.
Note: Please only book homeroom teachers, Mrs. Bradshaw (Student Services) and Mrs. Walker (Principal) on line. Specialist teachers are available on a drop-in basis (please call the school for more information). Steps to create a parent account and booking conferences (an online tutorial that shows how to create a parent account) is available at: http://www.schoolsoft.ca/tutorials/parents.html
1. Go to our school’s website (www.lrsd.net/schools/windsor) and look under “External Links - Windsor School Conference Manager”.
2. Register for a parent account. To register click the REGISTER NOW button and complete the registration page. Once registered you will be able to log in to the Conference Manager right away. An email will also be sent to the address you specified. This email restates your user name and password and is a good email to retain, as you will use the same email and password when booking future rounds of Parent-Teacher Conferences. If you forget your password you can reset it using the FORGOT PASSWORD link under the login button. Once registered you can log in to the Conference Manager any time.
3. Click the BOOK NOW button. Select conference date in the date drop-down that appears and then select the teacher(s) you wish to meet with and click the NEXT button. To coordinate bookings involving multiple teachers select all the teachers applicable to your child(ren) who you wish to meet with.
4. Click on an available time slot for each teacher you selected and complete the booking form that appears. You should see the booking appear in the summary list on the right hand side of the screen. A confirmation email is sent for each booking you made or subsequently cancel. You will also receive a reminder and conference itinerary by email.
5. Confirm your appointments have been booked by looking at the “CURRENTLY BOOKED CONFERENCES” box on the right of the screen or click on the MY CONFERENCES tab. Only appointments that appear in the CURRENTLY BOOKED CONFERENCES box or on the MY CONFERENCES page are confirmed bookings.
6. When finished booking, click the log off button located at the top right of the browser window. You will have the opportunity to provide feedback regarding the use of the Conference Manager to the school administration through a user survey before completely exiting. We appreciate you completing the survey as this helps guide our decision-making regarding how conferences are booked in the future.
We greatly appreciate parents booking their own appointments, but know this is not always possible. If you are unable to book your own appointment, please call the school during regular office hours at 204-237-4057 and we are happy to assist you over the phone.
Online tutorials regarding the use of the Conference Manager are available at: http://www.schoolsoft.ca/tutorials/parents.html
During the conferences you will be invited to share an example of something or someone for which/whom you are grateful. We will supply paper for you to write down your examples. The examples will be added to our school bulletin board “Gratitude Wall”.
Mar-15-2014 March Progress Conferences
Mar-3-2014 Operation Donation has begun!
Feb-11-2014 Brick by Brick
Feb-6-2014 Home and School Special Presentation
Jan-21-2014 Lunch-time clubs and events
Jan-15-2014 Information Regarding Cancellations in Cold Weather
Dec-2-2013 Overview of December Activities at Windsor
All 2013/14 Bulletins
All 2012/13 Bulletins
All 2011/12 Bulletins
All 2010/11 Bulletins
All 2009/10 Bulletins
All 2008/09 Bulletins
All 2007/08 Bulletins